I don’t have a cleaver title for this. I don’t have anything witty to say. But I felt compelled to write. This may end up being more of a ramble full of jumbled thoughts but I have to write something. It’s been so long since I put pen to paper (or more accurate finger to keyboard) and I feel sort of lost with out it. I have been going through so much lately it’s easy to let important things slip away from you. Writing seems to put me back on track mentally and emotionally. It reminds me of when I was a little girl and my mom encouraged me to keep a journal. I thought the idea was stupid, but after a fight with a boy (some guy named something or other that I don’t even remember) I took to my journal and it helped. So much so that I never stopped. I find it easier now to type my thoughts rather than write. After all notebooks don’t come with spell checker.
Even now when things get rough, I feel the pull to write. To vent my emotions and frustrations and even to share my successes and joys.
What about you? Do you feel this pull to write when you experience something? Do you even need a reason to write?
- Lernstift is the vibrating pen that critiques your spelling (video) (engadget.com)
- Their, there and they’re – picking the right option (alifelessordinaryds.wordpress.com)
- I before E, except here (terriblywrite.wordpress.com)
- Epic Fail-How Your Spell Checker Can Let You Down (english.answers.com)
- Thoughts on Email Etiquette (journeys.adtrav.com)
- Grammar Bites Like a Snake (korimiller.wordpress.com)